We Offer a 17-Point Process in McHenry and Crystal Lake
1. To start, a basic phone interview will be conducted in order to gather
your information and have a general idea of what
type of a system you are looking for.
2. We will then schedule a convenient date and time for your evaluation.
3. Introduction at the front door and the Comfort Consultant will ask for
a place to sit down and go over the Comfort Concerns survey.
4. Once all Comfort Concerns have been addressed, the Comfort Consultant
will measure your home in order to properly design your system.
5. A load calculation will be generated at your home and reviewed by your
6. A detailed inspection of your current heating and cooling system, as
well as a visual inspection of your duct system.
7. Your Comfort Consultant will design with you a complete comfort system
that is based on the results of the Comfort Concerns survey, the load
calculation and the evaluation of your current heating and cooling system.
8. Once you have selected your new comfort system, an installation date
and approximate completion time will be agreed upon.
9. The night before the scheduled installation, the office will contact
you to confirm the appointment.
10. The install team arrives the next day and before work starts they will
go over the installation details of your new comfort system. This allows
us all to be on the same page, thereby eliminating the chance for any
11. Upon arrival, the installation team will lay down cloth protectors
throughout the work areas of your home.
12.During the installation, if any concerns should arise, the Installation
Professional, the Comfort Consultant, or the office staff will discuss
an appropriate solution.
13. All work areas will be cleaned to your complete satisfaction at the
conclusion of the installation. All equipment and related debris will
be removed from your home and disposed of properly.
14. Upon Completion of your new comfort system, all components will be
tested by the Installation Professional to perform to manufacturer specifications.
This is accomplished by using McHenry Heating's rigorous inspection
followed by awill make complete review and your signature showing your
15. Within one week, our office will make a follow up call with you to
make sure your new comfort system is working properly, ask if you have
any questions and make an appointment for the Comfort Consultant to come
back to perform a quality audit.
16.To wrap up, your Comfort Consultant will come back to your home a week
lor two later to review your new comfort system and answer any questions
you may have.
17. Finally, now you can sit back and enjoy many years of comfort and energy
savings from your new comfort system.