Servicing Your Furnace in McHenry and Crystal Lake
During the winter, your furnace takes center stage in terms of home comfort
and safety. McHenry Heating & Air, Inc. proudly offers furnace repair,
furnace maintenance, and all makes and models, including Trane, furnace
parts and appliances as part of our comprehensive heating services near McHenry.
You depend on your furnace all winter long to keep you and your family
warm and safe from the cold. Whether you are looking to buy a new furnace
to replace your current one or to have the current one repaired, McHenry
Heating & Air Conditioning is your best option. Our industry leading
products and service make us the clear choice. We are a certified Trane
Comfort Specialist dealer and servicer because we believe Trane products
are the best when it comes to dependability and energy efficiency. Trane
products can operate at up to 95 percent efficiency, meaning 95 percent
of fuel is converted directly into heat for your home.
Replacing vs. Repairing Your Furnace
Simple furnace repair is often all it takes to restore your home's
comfort during cold weather. However, in some cases, it is more economical
to replace your furnace rather than repair it. Your HVAC specialist can
help you determine whether your best option is to repair or replace your
furnace in McHenry.
- Most home furnace systems last an average of 15-20 years before requiring
replacement. If your furnace is 15 years or older, it's time to start
thinking about replacement to enjoy the latest in furnace technology and
- Minor repairs are expected over the lifetime of your furnace. Major repairs,
however, are cause to evaluate your furnace's condition. Any repair
with a cost totaling more than half the price of a new furnace is a signal
that it may be time to purchase a new appliance, especially if your furnace
is nearing the end of its expected lifetime.
- If your air conditioner requires replacement, it's also a good time
to replace your furnace as well. Coupling a new air conditioner with an
older furnace can hurt your HVAC system's overall efficiency, while
replacing both appliances at the same time ensures your entire HVAC system
will work in sync to provide efficient and effective heating and cooling.
Steps to Furnace Maintenance
Regular furnace maintenance is the key to furnace efficiency and longevity.
Please call McHenry Heating & Air, Inc. at (815) 444-9900 to schedule
your next furnace or air conditioner maintenance visit with one of our
- Furnace filters are designed to protect your HVAC system from dirt, dust,
and other airborne particles when air is drawn into the system for heating
and cooling. The furnace filter should be checked at least once a month
and changed every one to three months.
- Your furnace should be inspected and tuned up once a year by a professional
HVAC technician. Even if your furnace appears to be functioning properly,
regular inspections and tune-ups will check for and address any minor
issues before they can become major problems. Tune-ups also include furnace
cleaning services, which will improve your furnace efficiency for lower
- Furnace maintenance also means addressing any issues as soon as you notice
them. If your furnace begins making strange noises or turning on more
often than usual, call your HVAC service for a visit sooner rather than later.
Our furnace repair technicians will gladly do the following:
- Install your new Trane furnace
- Service your current Trane furnace
- Service your current furnace, even if it's not Trane brand
Our technicians can also help solve a variety of your heating problems,
- Thermostat Problems - Causes your heater to produce too much or not enough heat
- Air Flow Malfunctions - Causes overheating and poor heating control
- Clogged Filters - Causes air flow and air quality problems
- Ignition Control Issues - Causes intermittent or no low heat
McHenry Heating & Air Conditioning is a Better Business Bureau accredited
business with licensed technicians who service and repair heating and
cooling systems. We also offer free service estimates!
Call us today at (815) 444-9900 to schedule your free estimate.